Friday, May 6, 2011

Our First Easter (And other fun stuff!)

Our first Easter together was really fun! My family came down to visit us for it! They came Thursday and left Sunday. A couple of the kids would stay with us each night while the rest stayed at the hotel with mom and dad. Every my parents took us out to eat but my dad had a rule: We have to go to a place that we don't have in Las Vegas and that I've never been to. (meaning that most of them haven't been to) So we got to show them around to the best eats in Provo!

Thursday we went to Five Guys Burgers and Fries...

Friday we had J Dawgs for a late lunch and then Pizza for dinner. And I just realized that I didn't take any pictures for that one!! Darn. But on Friday we DID take everyone to the Bean Museum! It was so fun! Joe loved it. As you can tell from all the pictures Joe had a blast.







Our family photo at the Museum...

Saturday for Lunch we went to Zupas!


Here Dad was choking on something so Ben had to slap him on the back lol...



THEN we had our own Easter dinner on Saturday while everyone was here!
Mom and I were the cooks!


I made Easter Egg cupcakes, green beans, bevilled eggs and mom made the ham and potatoes. It turned out really good! It was our first time doing it all on our own! We usually have dinner at Grandma Grossman's and they do the ham and stuff so this year we got to do it! My kitchen was small but we still made it work!






Here's everyone chowin' down...





OH! And I can't forget our cute new plates that we got from D.I. (originally from Ikea!) AND the cute egg napkin holders that Debbie (Josh's mom) gave us for Easter! I wanted Debbie to see that we used them! I thought they were SO cute! :) Thanks Debbie!


We also had an Easter egg hunt in the front grassy area of our apartment! lol Josh, Jacob and I were the Easter Bunnies!

We were ALL so excited!!...especially Jacob ;)

Some other fun things we did...Melissa fell in love with the Jacket that not only looked like a bear but weighed as much as a bear! ;) haaa Just kidding she wasn't in love with it. Quite the opposite. I made her try it on.

And my lovely mother also hemmed a couple of dresses for me! Brought up her sewing machine and everything! :) Thanks mom!

AND last but not least...since I was a baby my dad has called me Peapod. :) While we were at the BYU bookstore I found the CUTEST salt and pepper shakers and I just had to show my dad! (because I wanted him to buy them for me of course.) And surprisingly he gave in and got them for me!! I LOVE them!! So here ya go Daddy-o! :)


And I think that about wraps it up! :)

It was a pretty dang good weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment