Wednesday, July 20, 2011

The Baxter Wedding

Our good friend Mitchell Baxter got married on June 25th.  Being the good friend that I am ;) I offered to make his cake! They wanted just a small 8" round cake and then cupcakes. I said, " I could do that!" So, I did! And I could! But I had no idea what I was getting myself into. It was a LOT of work and very stressful! I got all my supplies weeks before and had trial runs for the cakes and such.  Then the day before the wedding starting at about ten in the morning I starting the baking! I must not forget to give some credit to Chelsea Steed who came over to help me make the cupcakes! If she hadn't helped I'd have been spooning cake batter into cupcake pans for hours! lol So, thanks Chels! :) Then after everything was cooled I started piping! I used my amazing buttercream recipe for the decoration of the cake along with a cake topper, flower arrangement for the middle ( I did myself) and ribbon! ...I wish I could have tasted the cake cuz I'm not gonna lie...it looked SO GOOD. Chocolate cake with a filling of gonache and strawberries. YUM. Buttercream frosting for the cupcakes also...piped to look like roses. And we can't forget the pretty pearl dust to make everything sparkle. Surprisingly everything turned out to look and taste really good! I felt proud of myself! I honestly wasn't sure I could pull it off. lol I'd never done anything like that before! 100 cupcakes and 1 8" inch round for a REAL WEDDING. I finished around midnight. lol And then set up a half hour before the reception the next day. It was a great challenge!







At the end of it all EVERYONE loved my cupcakes!! I got so many compliments and it really made me feel good. ( and it made me blush) I was really really nervous to hear how everyone liked them so hearing good things was such a relief! Congratulations to Mitchell and Whitney!

2 comments:

  1. Wow! Shelby I am impressed. They look beautiful! Maybe you should go on Cupcake wars:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Man, you really did such a great job!

    ReplyDelete